- Tests extended for Python 3.10
- New FritzWLAN-methods:
- enable and disable to enable and disable a wlan network.
- get_password and set_password to get the current password or set a new one for a wlan network.
- New FritzGuestWLAN library class.
- New FritzConnection method reboot.
- New logging module fritzconnection.core.logger.
- New arguments for FritzConnection: pool_connections and pool_maxsize to adapt the default urllib3 settings (used by requests). (#114).
- New properties FritzStatus.device_uptime and FritzStatus.connection_uptime`; the latter a replacement for FritzStatus.uptime – still existing as an alias. (#104)
- bugfix: html-escape arguments in case that special characters are allowed by the protocol. (#115)
- bugfix: FritzStatus.bytes_sent will return the 32 bit value from older Fritz!Box models. (#110)
- bugfix: raise FritzActionError on accessing the mesh topology information from a device not having accesss to this information. (#107)
- adding code-of-conduct and contributing files to the repository.
- Compatibility with Fritz!OS 7.24 and newer: takes the last logged in username as default in case that a username is not provided.
- bugfix: byte_formatter may return wrong numbers on values < 1 and has raised math domain error on values == 0. (bug introduced with version 1.4.1) (#87)
- bugfix: FritzStatus library now returns a 32 bit value for bytes_received for older Fritz!OS versions not providing the newer 64 bit information instead of raising an exception. (bug introduced with version 1.3.0) (#82)
- change: Output of bitrate changed to log10 based calculation (#45, #52)
- New core module fritzmonitor for reporting realtime phone call events (#76).
- Library class FritzStatus with additional properties: attenuation, str_attenuation, noise_margin and str_noise_margin (#69)
- Library class FritzHost with additional method get_host_name (#75)
- Namespace prefix for xml-arguments removed (#66)
- Test extended for Python 3.9 (#73)
- bugfix: session ignored timeout settings (#63)
- bugfix: soap-xml encoding corrected (#59)
- bugfix: soap-xml tag-attribute separation fixed (#60)
- bugfix: converting arguments returned from soap calls (#58)
- authorisation now supports ‘myfritz.net’ access (#48)
- internal refactorings
- Library class FritzStatus reports the sent and received bytes now as 64 bit integers and provides easy access to realtime monitor data.
- Library class FritzHost provides more methods to access devices, including wake on LAN and net topology informations.
- Library class FritzPhonebook has a new method get_all_name_numbers() to fix a bug of get_all_names() reporting just one name in case that a phonebook holds multiple entries of the same name.
- Boolean arguments send to the router as 1 and 0 can also be given as the Python datatypes True and False (#30).
- Flag -c added to fritzconnection cli interface to report the complete api.
- pip installation no longer includes the tests (#39).
- pypi classifier changed to Development Status :: 5 - Production/Stable
- Library modules handling complex datatypes (urls) can now reuse fritzconnection sessions.
- TLS for router communication added.
- Command line tools take the new option -e for encrypted connection.
- Sessions added for faster connections (significant speed up for TLS)
- Functional tests added addressing a physical router. Skipped if no router present.
- Bugfix for rendering the documentation of the FritzPhonebook-API (bug introduced in 1.1.1)
- Bugfix in FritzConnection default parameters preventing the usage of library modules (bug introduced in 1.1)
- Minor bugfix in FritzPhonebook storing image-urls
- FritzConnection takes a new optional parameter timeout limiting the time waiting for a router response.
- FritzPhonebook module rewritten for Python 3 without lxml-dependency and added again to the library (missing in version 1.0).
- Library module FritzStatus adapted to Python 3.
- Bugfix in fritzinspection for command line based inspection of the Fritz!Box API.
- Requires Python 3.6 or newer. The 0.8.x release is the last version supporting Python 2.7 and Python 3 up to 3.5
lxmllibrary is no longer a dependency.
- New project layout. Library modules are now located in the new
- Rewrite of the description parser.
- Errors reported by the Fritz!Box are now raising specific exceptions.
- updates the pinned lxml-dependency from version 4.3.4 to 4.5.1
- Bugfix in connection.reconnect(). This bug has been introduced with version 0.8.0. For versions 0.8.0 to 0.8.3 ‘reconnect’ requires a password because of a changed service call.
- Documentation updated.
- Fix broken test (new in version 0.8.0)
- Minor code enhancements
- Unified version numbering of the modules.
- ServiceError, ActionError and AuthorizationError are also importable from the package.
- Some code cleanup.
Changes in the development process: .hgignore removed and .gitignore added, changes in setup.py, readme changed to restructured text.
As Atlassian has announced to drop support for mercurial on
bitbucket und will remove the according repositories (in June 2020), development of fritzconnection has converted from
git and the repository has been transfered to
github. Unfortunately the issue- and discussion-history will be lost this way (even by keeping the new git-repository at bitbucket).
FritzStatus: bugfix requiring a password in combination with fritzconnection >= 0.8.0
FritzStatus: added the
FritzStatus: added the
max_linked_bit_rate attribute for the physical rate. Also added the
str_max_linked_bit_rate attribute for a more readable output. (password must be provided for these infomations)
FritzConnection: added the
Bugfix how servicenames are extracted from the xml-description files. However, the api has not changed.
The requirements are now fixed for lxml (4.3.4) and requests (2.22.0) as these versions are still supporting python 2.7
0.7.1 - 0.7.3¶
Bugfixes, no new features or other changes.
FritzConnection does now check for the environment variables
FRITZ_PASSWORD in case that neither user nor password are given.
FritzStatus now accepts user and password as keyword-parameters. Keep in mind, that FritzBoxes may return different informations about the status depending whether these are gathered with or without a password.
There is a new attribute package_version:
>>> import fritzconnection >>> fritzconnection.package_version 0.6.5
Because every module of the fritzconnection-package has it’s own version, version-history of the package gets confusing over time. From now on every change of the content of the package is indicated by the the package-version. Every unchanged module keeps it’s version. So i.e. the recent package-version is 0.6.5 but the fritzconnection-module is still in version 0.6 cause nothing has changed in this module since then.
FritzConnection now uses long qualified names as
WLANConfiguration:2. So these servicenames can now be used to call actions on different services with the same name:
>>> connection = FritzConnection() >>> info = connection.call_action('WANIPConnection:2', 'GetInfo')
For backward compatibility servicename-extensions like ‘:2’ can be omitted on calling ‘call_action’. In this case FritzConnection will use the extension ‘:1’ as default.
On calling unknown services or actions in both cases KeyErrors has been raised. Calling an unknown service (or one unaccessible without a password) will now raise a
ServiceError. Calling an invalid action on a service will raise an
ActionError. Both Exceptions are Subclasses from the new
FritzConnectionException. The Exception classes can get imported from fritzconnection:
>>> from fritzconnection import ServiceError, ActionError